Friday, February 13, 2009

If it weren't for their spinach dip, I'd never go to Kelsey's again

I ripped Kelsey's in an earlier post for their lack of creativity (by using the Cheer's theme song) and it would seem their marketing laziness continues.

I heard a radio spot today which described some of life's great (pleasant) surprises, including rekindling an old romance, or... wait for it... discovering that Kelsey's has all-you-can-eat wings for $15.99.

And they were serious!

Are you kidding me?

They're trying to tell me that I should be just as excited about $15.99 wings as I should be about rekindling an old romance! Never in a thousand years Kelsey's!

If they were being sarcastic, I might have bought it. Instead, they just come off as ridiculous. Is that really the best they can come up with? I'll never equate those things, and worse yet, $15.99 isn't even that much of a deal! Give me an all-you-can-eat wings offer of $5.99 and maybe I'll be somewhat surprised, but still not as much as they claim I should be at $15.99.

When your ads are this ridiculous, you accomplish nothing but damage to your brand (see Bad Boy Furniture).

Have your say: What are the cheesiest ads of all time?

No comments: