Monday, February 2, 2009

SuperBowl ad winner...

What's a marketing blog without a post about the SuperBowl ads!?

My winner is Coca-Cola's "Avatar" spot.

I like the creativity and the production quality, but the real reason I like it is the effect it had on the Coca-Cola brand. Most of the ads were just funny, which is OK, but all they did was build awareness by trying to be the funniest (he with the funniest ad wins the awareness battle). But Coke built awareness (not only with creativity, but also by buying 60 seconds!) AND BRAND image.

They sent out a clear message that says: "the most meaningful peer-to-peer connections happen face-to-face." (I got that from their YouTube page - sums it up perfectly). A powerful message that strengthens their brand positioning as a beverage that is connected with all that is joyous and peaceful in this world (we all remember the "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" ad, right?).

Well done Coke.

Comments? Your favourites from 2009?

No comments: