A couple of weeks ago I attended MarketingSherpa's Email Summit in Miami. Conferences like these are always so inspiring. In fact, there are 10 things I want to share with you from the conference. These are ideas and themes that will help you build business through email marketing. Some of these things will be familiar to you, some will be new thoughts. I hope you find something that will help you get more share!
Here they are: the Top 10 Things I Took Away From the Email Summit (full article can be read at shareofmarketing.com):
10) Email Marketing and Social Media Marketing are the ONLY TWO marketing tactics receiving bigger budgets by more companies than not.
9) If your email fails, try it again (but differently, of course)!
8) Email Marketing is a science as much as it's an art. Test your new emails using control groups.
7) Think about what your customers are reading (e.g. do you really want them to 'submit' to you?).
6) Put email technology tools to work. And keep tweaking to improve response.
5) A simple test to evaluate your email content: "Where am I?"; "What am I supposed to do?"; "Why should I?"
4) Analytics are a given.
3) Landing pages are a given.
2) Testing is a given.
1) People are NOT sick of emails. They're sick of receiving emails that aren't relevant to them. So keep sending them, but make them important, relevant, valuable and compelling!
Again, you can click here to read the full article, which includes commentary for each of the thoughts above. Enjoy!